Wheelhouse Media was brought in to work with Barefoot Wine on “The Great Outdoors”, one in a series of four online shorts celebrating the “Joy of Missing Out.” Created and produced in collaboration with leading public relations firm MWW, “The Great Outdoors” was directed by Emmy Award winner Michael Spiller and starring award-winning actress Mindy Kaling.
Wheelhouse previously worked with MWW on a brand anthem celebrating the 125th anniversary of multi-national chocolate maker, The Hershey Co. Based on that success, MWW knew we had the capability to deliver on this high-profile engagement.
The 30 second spot was shot on location in L.A. This national digital campaign supported “Wine-To-Go”, a new product roll-out by Barefoot Wine.
To date, the “Joy of Missing Out” campaign has garnered more than 13 million views.
● Agency collaboration
● Location scouting and procurement
● Logistics and planning
● Equipment procurement
● Featured and background extras casting
○ (including auditions review and selection)
● One day of filming on location in Los Angeles at a residential home.
● Director of Photography/Producer
● Approximately 35 crew members
● Camera department
○ Two camera operators
○ 1st and 2nd Assistant Camera
● Camera package
○ Canon C300 Cinema Cameras
○ Angenieux EZ Zoom lenses
● Ronford Baker Slider
● Video Village Playback
● Lighting department
○ Lav (wireless)
● Production Design